3.01.2010

do you have joy?





It's always been our family tradition to have individual one on one trips with our dad. All of the kids take turns taking trips with him, so it was my turn and I decided I wanted to go see John Mayer in concert. For those of you who are strangers to me, John Mayer is one of my favorite musicians. I wasn't just excited to just see John Mayer but I was excited to hear the music plus it was a great opportunity for me to be able to get some great shots with my camera! It's a great place for photography.

This was my first time seeing him live so you imagine how ecstatic I was. I went to it last night and yea, it was everything I wished for and more! At the end of the concert I noticed something. I was so happy to see John Mayer live but nothing can beat the joy I get inside my heart when I worship God, not even John Mayer! God is what makes me feel joy inside my heart, not a music figure.

Dr. Larry Allen said this:
"Mental joy is heavily influenced by circumstances. Joy of the heart grows out of relationship with Christ and is rooted in his promises no matter what the circumstances are."

At the concert I had happiness in my mind, but when I worship God I have joy in my heart. Do you have joy?

2 comments:

  1. this is awesome :) as usual. lol love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Courtney

    Great pics. I was in row 2 center at this concert. I had a great time too.

    Thanks for posting these pics :)

    Greg
    http://twitter.com/_gregjohnson
    @_gregjohnson

    ReplyDelete